A message about trusting your dentist:
When choosing a dentist, it's hard to know whom you can trust. With your health and beauty at stake, you want expertise on your side. You want someone who can serve as your trusted advisor - guiding you on treatment decisions and completely deserving of your trust.
Why gamble on healthcare? Many people look to family, friends and neighbors for recommendations. Or they just pick the closest dentist they find to home or work.
What they set up is a blind-date scenario.
Sure, we're all busy and it's tempting to use shortcuts on decisions. Stop and ask yourself, "Am I looking for better healthcare, or am I willing to settle for whatever I get?"
Important relationships are founded upon trust. On knowing you can count on someone to be there for you.
Deep trust isn't just a hopeful feeling, it's a powerful sense of certainty. That certainty is built upon layers of evidence and examples that all indicate you can absolutely, positively count on that person to come through for you time and time again.
Be certain. If you want to be sure, the best thing to do is check things out for yourself. Look at the website. Call or visit the office.
Don't commit until you're absolutely sure. After all, this could be a lifetime decision you're making
Here's a quick checklist that can help you gauge levels of trust...
1. "Are they likeable?"Is this a person you wouldn't mind spending time with?
2. "Do they appear confident?" Do they seem to know what they're doing?
3. "Are they honest?" Are they a straight arrow (genuine/authentic)?
4. "Are they competent?" Is there compelling evidence of long-term success?
Are they exceptional at what they do?
5. "Are they reliable?" Can you count on them to always deliver?
6. "Do you have good character?" Do they display integrity and honor?
7. "Do they have a great reputation?" If so, are they still truly deserving of that reputation?
Dr. Joe Bulger on the importance of trust...
As a Toroto-Etobicoke dentist for over 25 years, I've learned a few things about trust - how to earn it and how to keep it. Our patients count on us delivering convenient, comfortable dentistry - done right the first time.
The more we can deliver that, the more people will trust in us and stay with us. Earning, deserving and keeping trust plays a big part in everything we do.
It's about meeting and exceeding your expectations.
Trust is also a two-way street. Both sides contribute and play their part.
For more on that, visit our section on Keeping Promises.
Call our New Patient Hotline 416-231-0550 to take care of your smile.