Respecting our future legacy
What is Eco-Friendly Dentistry all about? Our intention is to provide a safe, clean environment for our patients, while using products and practices that are kinder to our global environment.
We see ourselves as stewards for good dental health for you and your loved ones, and stewards for a healthy planet that our future generations can enjoy.
Working in a safe, clean environment is essential for your protection and ours. We’re all concerned about transmissible diseases. We utilize Universal Precautions to ensure your dental visits are held in a safe, clean environment.
Here are some of the ways we accomplish that…
1. Effective steam-based sterilization and disinfection processes - see more details here.
2. Use of disposables where necessary – gloves, masks, tray-covers, etc.
Taking a team approach to
3. Latex-free gloves and materials, hypo-allergenic office environment.
4. Advanced medical-grade air filtration to ensure fresh, clean air.
5. Sterilization of dental handpieces after every use.
6. Surface disinfection and cleaning protocols between each patient.
7.Eco-friendly Marmoleum floor covering for all clinical areas.
8. Hands-free water faucets.
9. Line purification to prevent contamination of dental unit water lines.
10. Hand-cleansing stations throughout office.
Experience our eco-friendly
approach to dentistry
As concerned citizens, we want to do our part to minimize our environmental impact. Every aspect of our office has been designed with your comfort and safety in mind. We're also committed to sustaining an environmentally-sound business.
Here are some of the many ways we reduce, reuse and recycle...
1. Mercury-free restorations that offer more biocompatability.
2. Mercury water-line filtration for removing old amalgam filling materials.
3. Energy-efficient LED and reflective fluorescent lighting.
4. Steam autoclave sterilization using distilled water (no toxic chemicals).
5. Digital X-rays and photography to reduce traditional film-based chemicals.
6. Micrylium Green Team - cleaning and disinfection products that are both effective
and kind to our environment.
7. Digitization of office systems – to reduce paper consumption.
8. Smile Reminder System - email and text-message to reduce mailing.
9. Office recycling program - reducing the carbon footprint of our business.
Our eco-friendly approach to dentistry
is one more way we stand out as leaders and become the clear choice for your future dental needs.
If you need an Eco-Friendly Dentist, call us today. Royal York Dental has experienced Toronto Dentists to take care of your needs.
About the Author: Dr. Joe Bulger is a cosmetic dentist from Toronto, Canada and the owner-founder of Royal York Dental.
If you're looking for a eco-friendly dentist, our team at Royal York Dental can help. We're open six days a week and can often offer same-day service. Fill out our contact form or CALL 416 231-0550. Download our free dental emergency guide.